In case you didn’t know, chia seeds are for more than just chia pets.
Chia seeds are actually a superfood, packed with protein, omega-3, antioxidants, calcium, phosphorous, and fiber. In fact, one ounce of chia seed provides 42% of the recommended dietary fiber daily intake. And you’d be amazed how easy it is to add chia seeds to your everyday diet. The girls and I actually add chia seeds to salad, ice cream, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, tea, and even baked goods.
Since 4th of July is approaching, I created this lovely Red, White, and Blue Chia Pudding Recipe to share with all of you. This was my first time making this recipe and I’m so glad it turned out A-MAZING. Even my picky eater Xia kept coming back for more – and trust me, that says a lot!
This yummy dish can be enjoyed as a breakfast or dessert and it’s so delicious, no one will ever know it’s healthy too. In addition to all the wonderful health benefits I mentioned above, this recipe is also low glycemic, low-fat, and gluten free. I also really like this recipe because it can be made vegan.
Here’s my simple recipe…
Red, White, and Blue Chia Pudding Recipe
Single serving. (Can be doubled or tripled to whatever portion you want to make.)
- 1 cup Vanilla Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or any milk you like)
- ¼ cup Organic Chia seeds (I prefer Nutiva Chia Seeds sold at Costco!)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract (If not using a milk with vanilla already in it)
- 2 tsp Honey
Other Possible Add Ins:
- 2 tsp Agave
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
Toppings (reserve for the chilled chia pudding):
- Sliced Strawberries
- Sliced Bananas
- Black or Blueberries
- Coconut Shavings
- Bee Pollen
- Chopped Pecans
- Other possible toppings might include:
- Flax Seed
- Shaved or chopped nuts
- Mix coconut milk, any add ins, and chia seeds. Stir Well (I used a whisk to help break up the mix a bit).
- If pouring into individual bowls pour immediately. If not, let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Arrange and sprinkle toppings on top of fully chilled Chia Pudding.
Enjoy while chilled!! And don’t forget to let me know in the comments below what you think.