For Valentine’s Day I wanted to share a recipe filled with so much love. It’s my bestie’s super delicious egg-free sugar cookie recipe. Carol has spent years of trial and error trying to master the perfect egg-free recipes for her son Lukas (aka Lukie Bear) who has food allergies and is allergic to eggs and nuts.
As I’m sure you can imagine, living with food allergies is no joke. With that said, my bestie has never let Lukas’ food allergies prevent him from enjoying the same types of foods that everyone else around him can enjoy. For every type of food Lukas can’t eat (think cakes, cookies, pancakes, and just about every baked good), I’ve watched Carol work to create an equally delicious egg-free substitute. I know how much love went into creating this super yummy sugar cookie recipe so I can’t think of a more appropriate time than V-Day to share this with all of you.
Egg-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
3 Cups Organic Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
1 Cup Organic Sugar
1/4 Cup Just Mayo by Hampton Creek
2 Tbsp Apple Sauce
1 Tbsp Milk (or preferred substitute)
Organic Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add just mayo, applesauce and milk and beat until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture. Beat until ingredients are combined.
- Divide dough into two equal disks and wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove one disk from fridge and let sit for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle a clean surface and rolling pin with Powdered Sugar. Next, gently roll your dough out to 1/4-inch thick (ensuring you have enough powdered sugar on surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking). Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. I like to use a spatula to safely lift cut dough shapes onto the baking sheet. Place about 1″ apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookie edges are light golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes after removing from oven, then use a spatula to transfer to cooling rack.
This Valentine’s Day recipe is dedicated to all the mama bears out there who will do anything for their babies. Happy Valentine’s Day Darlings! xoxox