Only one more day to detox darlings! After a weekend in Rome my body is craving a detox. I’m so excited to hear so many of you will be joining in! In anticipation of the detox, I wanted to share my sprouted tofu spring rolls recipe. These rolls are the perfect post detox meal. They are light, healthy and most of all DELICIOUS. They are so easy to make, I literally eat these spring rolls several times per week.
Sprouted Tofu Spring Rolls Recipe
- 8 Rice Papers
- ½ pack Organic Firm Tofu
- I love the sprouted tofu from Trader Joe’s
- 8 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Peeled cucumber
- 2 Peeled carrots
- ½ Purple cabbage
- Fresh Mint
- Black Bean Sauce
- Hot Water (Use a tea kettle if you have one, you will need continuous hot water while making the rolls)
- Grate peeled carrots
- Slice peeled cucumber into approximately ¼” sticks
- Slice cabbage into approximately ¼” slices
- Separate mint leaves (I like to add 3-4 leaves per roll)
- Drain tofu. Pat dry with paper towel. Slice into approximately ½” sticks. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a medium saucepan, add approximately 2 TBSP of black bean sauce. Thin out with a couple TBSP of water. Carefully add tofu sticks. Coat with sauce.
- Heat on medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat.
How to Roll Tofu Spring Rolls in Rice Paper:
- Add about 1” of hot water to a cake pan (the rice paper fits perfectly in it).
- Submerge rice paper in water until soft.
- On a smooth work surface spread the paper out.
- Fold a romaine leaf and place in the lower middle of the rice paper.
- Next, place 1 piece of tofu on top of the lettuce.
- Add 1-2 pieces of cucumber.
- Add grated carrots and 3-4 mint leaves.
- Fold rice paper sides in.
- Then roll the rice paper from the bottom up. The wet rice paper seals itself.
I LOVE Mae Ploy, but you can totally do a peanut sauce or no sauce at all.