Merry Christmas darlings!!! I received your wish lists… AND since none of you are on the naughty list my gift to you is my crowd pleasing bomb vegan biscuit recipe that will have even NON-vegans scarfing them down!!
What I love about this recipe is I can whip them up with ingredients I have on hand in my kitchen AND they come together very quickly!! Making them the perfect breakfast addition on Christmas morning!!
Ingredients for Vegan Biscuit Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk but you can use unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 -1/4 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (and a pinch more…trust me this pinch makes the difference)
- 4 Tbsp non-dairy, unsalted COLD butter (I use Earth Balance)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Make “buttermilk”: Add lemon juice to milk, stir, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Cube the cold butter and massage the butter with the flour until it resembles sand.
- Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients and pour milk mixture to well ¼ Cup at a time. Gently stir and add milk until dough comes together. I like to use my hands to do this last bit of mixing.
Tip: DO NOT OVER MIX OR OVER WORK!! YOU DON’T WANT YOUR DOUGH TO BE TOUGH
- On a floured surface, turn out dough.
- Gently press dough into a disk about an inch thick.
- Cut biscuits with a circle cutter or a even a glass works.
- Bring together the leftover bits and form another disk, cutting out more biscuits until dough has been used.
- On a half baking sheet lined with parchment, place biscuits close together.
- Spread melted Earth Balance on the tops of each biscuit.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden.
I don’t know about you darlings, but my favorite way to eat biscuits are with fig jam.
MMMMMM SO YUMMY!!! Wishing you a lovely Christmas!