Lovies here is another pumpkin infused recipe you are not gonna want to miss out on!! This pumpkin cream cheese muffin recipe is the most delicious and worth every single calorie…I even eat them!! The muffins have hints of cinnamon & nutmeg, subtly sweet, and the addition of cream cheese elevates the muffins to NEXT LEVEL!!
This is actually a Trader Joe’s Recipe hack using their bread mix. As you babes know I am not a fan of pre-packaged food, too many hidden ingredients. BUT there are a couple exceptions and the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread Mix is one of them!! You can only find it in TJ stores during the fall so ya girl stocks up with like 4 or 5 boxes.
I love making these muffins Christmas morning, super easy and EVERYONE loves them!! In fact people might even call you a genius after having one of your muffins. I have been making the TTL cream cheese version of these muffins for YEARS now!! I came up with them while standing in line at Starbucks seeing their pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the case and I was like shucks I think I can do that.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Recipe
What You Need:
- Muffin Tin(s) x 12 muffins
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 8oz Softened Cream Cheese (not whipped)
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- Cooking Spray or muffin papers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line tin with muffin papers
- In a small bowl add cream cheese; If your cream cheese is too firm, just pop it into the microwave for 30sec – 1 min until soft enough to stir.
- Stir cream cheese until smooth
- Add 1 egg & sugar to smooth cream cheese; whisk until very creamy and smooth (work those lumps out babes); Set aside
- Follow directions on TJ box:
- To a large bowl add ½ C oil; Add 1 C water; 2 eggs; mix well
- Add pumpkin mix, fold into egg mixture using a spatula
- Spoon approximately 1 large TBSP of pumpkin mixture into each well of prepared muffin tin.
- Spoon 1 heaping tsp of cream cheese mixture into each well (you may have cream cheese left over totally up to you if you want to divide the leftovers between each well.
- Fill each well with remaining pumpkin mixture ALMOST TO THE TOP BUT NOT QUITE, leaving about ¼ -⅛ space for rise
- Bake, 15-18mins, until they spring back to the touch and a small dome forms.
I know this one will be a HIT!! If you babes make the TTL cream cheese version PLEASE tag me a photo, I love seeing when you try my recipes!!