You’re gonna want to try this savory recipe darlings. My Vegan Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe is a new family favorite! It’s out of this world delicious!! What’s unique about this recipe is that I use Impossible meat substitute. I’m not normally into meat substitutes but I wanted to create a recipe that my whole family would enjoy. I have a range of eating preferences in my household.
I eat a plant-based diet, May and Xia eat a mostly vegetarian diet (they occasionally eat fish), and Mike eats it all! What I love about this recipe is that I can easily keep it vegan for me, while keeping it vegetarian with cheese for Mike and the girls.
Watch Tennille Life Dishes // Vegan Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe on IGTV
View this post on Instagram
Vegan Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- 1 Pack Plant Based Meat (I used Impossible Meat)
- 2-3 TBSP avocado oil or olive oil (to sauté onions)
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Diced Zucchini
- 1 Large Handful Parsley
- 1 Small bunch of basil with stems removed
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I used Hemalayan salt)
- 1 ½ cup Cooked Brown Basmati Rice (or any rice you prefer)
- Italian Cheese Blend or Vegan Cheese Preference
- Pasta Sauce
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Cut the bell pepper tops off. Clean out the spine and seeds. Season the inside of the bell pepper with salt and pepper. Chop the bell pepper tops and set aside for rice mixture. Place the bell pepper bottoms with cut-side up into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Chop parsley into thirds then add parsley, basil and garlic to a food processor and blend until minced. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in avocado oil over medium high heat until translucent (about 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook plant based meat over medium heat breaking up the lumps. Once the meat is browned, add sautéed onion and parsley mixture to the meat. Stir until combined then add in diced zucchini and chopped bell pepper tops to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Season the meat mixture with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, white pepper, and chili flakes (optional). Taste meat to ensure the seasoning is to your liking. Stir in cooked rice. Optional: Add about ¼ cup of shredded cheese and stir to combine (optional).
- Fill bell peppers with rice mixture. Add about ¼ cup water to baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Optional: Top each bell pepper with desired amount of shredded cheese. Return to oven and broil for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden. Watch carefully, it will brown quickly! Remove from oven.
- Optional: Top the bell pepper with pasta sauce and enjoy!
This comforting savory vegetarian dish is great way to bring a plant based meal into your home…it’s definitely something that my entire family LOVES!! I hope you’ll give this stuffed bell pepper recipe a try! It’s healthy and best of all, it’s incredibly delicious!! I have some fun recipes planned for my next Tennille Life Dishes but I’d love to hear your requests too so drop them in the comments!