Have you been wondering what this whole Gua Sha thing is about?? Is there anything to this trendy new gadget?? And what the heck is “GUA SHA” anyway??
What is Gua Sha?
I can answer the latter easily enough… GUA SHA (pronounced gwah sha) translates to: scrape away illness. AND this is hardly a “new” technique. Dating back to the early 1300’s in China, gua sha massages have been used as a form of holistic full body therapeutic treatment to activate blood circulation and remove blood stagnation. Originally, small tools like horns or antlers were used to apply firm pressure to vigorously scrape away illness from the body. Today’s facial techniques are much gentler using smooth stones like jade or crystals. The stones are gently rubbed in a precise direction to relieve stress in facial muscles, improve blood circulation, and reduce facial swelling by promoting lymphatic drainage.
Watch my Gua Sha Facial video tutorial to see how I use Kora Organics’ Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor:
Benefits of Gua Sha Facials:
- Stimulates circulation
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Promotes lymphatic drainage to help remove toxins
Okayyeee darlings, I am on board!! I treat myself to gua sha facials 2-3 times per week (sometimes more!) using my Kora Organics Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor and Kora Organics Noni Oil. I love how my heart sculptor enhances my oil application and feels so gosh darn wonderful and therapeutic. Best of all, I have noticed less facial puffiness and an overall smoother appearance of my skin.
Why I Love Kora Organics Noni Oil:
- Noni Oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants.
- It softens my skin’s texture while hydrating and nourishing my face.
- I have never heard of Noni fruit before trying this product. Noni is a superfood, packed with over 100 vitamins and minerals. It’s also known for its regenerative abilities and the ability to protect against environmental stresses.
- It contains rosehip oil which you darlings know is my jam! Rosehip oil is fabulous for repairing sun damage & scarring.
- Pomegranate Oil penetrates to create a rich moisture barrier. A “barrier” is a good thing – it means moisture is locked in.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil is the final ingredient and another new one for me. As if the other oils weren’t enough, Sea Buckthorn oil is rich in Omega-7 fatty acids and carotenoids. It helps repair the appearance of damaged skin, soothes irritation & inflammation.
- Noni Oil is great for all skin types. As you know, I have oily skin and this product leaves my skin glowing.
- Kora Organics Noni Facial Oil is a clean product, free from harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens, formaldehydes & more.