This last week has me feeling BEYOND grateful. Darlings I just returned from my first ever brand sponsored influencer trip with DevaCurl in Palm Springs and I am still pinching myself. You see, about two years ago my best friend Carol and I drove to Palm Springs to shoot some content for the blog. It was the first summer after starting the blog and this trip was our way of “trying” to be bloggers. During our trip we had lunch at the very “Instagram-able” Parker Hotel and we even met our first blogger friend.
At the time we had close to zero followers on IG and the idea of working with brands was nothing more than a dream and long term goal. Now fast forward two years later and here I find myself standing in the same exact hotel, only this time as a guest and being spoiled by my DevaCurl family. I can’t stop pinching myself. The coincidence is a special reminder that I am where I’m supposed to be.
It’s also a reminder to keep pushing forward. I can’t tell you how many people have doubted me on this journey or have not quite understood that TTL is more than just a hobby. Surrounded with questions like, “What is it that you’re doing again?” Or, “How are you going to make money doing that?” And if you’re my husband, “WHEN are you going to start making money?” LOL. The truth is, not everyone is going to see your vision or the dream you have for yourself. There will be a lot of nay sayers on your path to success. Some days it will seem like you’re the only one who gets it. Or worse, some days you might feel a little lost yourself. As for me, on this day I feel lucky to say I feel GRATEFUL. I’m grateful for the ability to work with brands I love and even more grateful to work with brands who love me back and believe in me. To be included in this trip among a group of superstar influencers is so humbling. It’s a milestone we’ve worked hard to achieve here at TTL. It’s one I will never take for granted.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t also say how grateful I am for my loyal TTL followers. Yup I’m talking about YOU! The truth is TTL is more than a hobby. It’s more than a business too. TTL has helped me create a community of special women. It’s a community of women who understand the importance lifting each other up and embracing the things that make us all unique. A place to be kind to ourselves and each other. A place to encourage each other to do better and be better. It’s also a place for sharing…sharing ideas and sharing our stories. Thank you for being a part of the TTL community and inspiring me everyday. Thank you for reading my blog each week and posting your sweet comments and DM’s every day. Thanks for sharing your hair photos with me. Whether you’re going grey or embracing your curly hair for the first time, I love being a part of your hair journey. I’m blown away by all the women who tell me I inspire them to finally embrace their grey, embrace their curly hair, make healthy eating choices, or go thrift store shopping and make sustainable lifestyle and fashion choices. The truth is, it’s all of YOU that inspire me.
Literally as I write this post you all helped TTL reach a new milestone…9k followers on Instagram! There are just too many pinch me moments to be thankful for this week and we want to celebrate with a special Instagram giveaway. One lucky winner will get their very own 2019 Summer Causebox containing specially curated items from socially conscious brands. I know there are plenty of monthly subscription boxes out there, but Causebox is super special to me because with every box purchased you are impacting someone’s life and making the world a better place. To enter, head over to IG and follow the entry instructions on the Causebox photo posted on 6/30/2019 (official giveaway rules below). And don’t worry; If you don’t win the prize you can still save $10 on your very own Causebox by using promo code: ten10.
Causebox Giveaway Items:
- Handwoven Coverup by Tribe Alive (valued at $118) is made by local artisans in India.
- Handmade Straw Tote by Altru Goods (valued at $50). Through the sale of this product, Altru donates to charitable efforts that aim to preserve and protect our marine ecosystems!
- Island Aloe Gel by Hanaleia (valued at $35) is a clean skincare product! That means no parabens, no phthalate, and no sulfates. And it’s cruelty-free too!
- Wet Swim Pouch by Quagga Green (valued at $25) is made from recycled plastic.
- Reef Friendly Sport Sunscreen SPF 35 by All Good (valued at $15.99).
- Re-useable Insulated Tumbler by Reduce Everyday (valued at $12.99).
- Scrunchie 3-Pack by Banded (valued at $10). As part of their 1=3 program, Banded donates 3 meals to children in need for each product sold!
- 5×7 art print / postcard by Australian Artist, Antra Švarcs (valued at $10).
Official Causebox Giveaway Rules
- No purchase necessary to enter to win.
- To enter, head on over to The Tennille Life’s Intagram page @thetennillelife_ and follow the instructions on the 6/30/2019 post. The deadline to enter is Saturday, 07/06/2019 at 8 pm PST. The winner will be announced by Monday, 07/08/2019.
- Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only.
- Prize: The giveaway winner will receive the 2019 Summer Causebox with items listed above. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The Tennille Life’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of The Tennille Life. The Winner’s name and Instagram handle will be officially announced on The Tennillie Life’s Instagram on 07/08/2019. The Tennille Life shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
- Terms & Conditions: The Tennille Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Tennille Life’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Tennille Life may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Tennille Life. The Tennille Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Tennille Life has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Tennille Life reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Tennille Life and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the giveaway is The Tennille Life. Prizes supplied by Causebox.
- Delivery of Prizes: The Tennille Life will be responsible for delivering the prize. The announced winner will be responsible for providing a valid US mailing address where prizes will be shipped.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by The Tennille Life is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.